The Linn County Lamb & Wool Fair
May 19, 20, 21, 2023
88Years of Tradition
Theme: Counting on Ewe to Join Us
About this Event
The Lamb Show has been an integral part of the Linn County Lamb & Wool Fair since its beginning in 1935. The 2022 show, on May 22nd, is open to all youth in Oregon. Registration begins at 8 am on Sunday at the Big Red Pavilion. The show will begin at approximately 9:30 am.
Lamb Show Rules
1) Exhibitors must show their own animals in all classes without assistance. Only the exhibitor will be allowed in the ring.
2) No halters allowed except in Class 9 Dress Up and Class 10 Pee-Wee Showmanship.
3) Market lambs may only show in the market class. Ewe lambs may not be shown in both breeding and market classes.
4) Lambs may only be shown in one showmanship class (Classes 11-14).
5) Any lamb that is exhibiting signs of any illness (i.e., soremouth or club lamb fungus) will not be allowed in
the show. If your lamb is experiencing one of these things, please be considerate of others and leave them
Class 1 – Purebred Meat Type Ewe Lamb
Class 2 – Cross Bred Ewe Lamb
Class 3 – Wool Type Ewe Lamb
Class 4 – Pair of Ewe Lambs
Class 5 – Market Lamb (divided into classes by weight and number of entries)
Class 6 – Pair of Market Lambs
Class 7 – Pen of 3 – Must include both breeding and market lambs
Class 8 – Club or Chapter flock (minimum of 5 animals – shown by 3 or more members)
Class 9* -- Dress Up Your Lamb Contest
Class 10 – Pee-Wee Showmanship
Class 11 – Senior – 10th through 12th grade (showing at least 2nd year)
Class 12 – Intermediate – 7th grade through 9th grade (Showing at least 2nd year)
Class 13 – Junior -- 6th grade (Showing at least 2nd year)
Class 14 – Novice (first year showing – regardless of age)
Event Coordinator Rick Martin